Book online bus tickets to Kolhapur By Mozo Tours and Travels
Kolhapur Mozo Tours and Travels . About this sound pronunciation is a city situated in the south-west corner of Maharashtra, India. The population of Kolhapur city was 493,167, as per the 2001 census. Kolhapaur also serves as the headquarters of the Kolhapur District. As is the case in most of the Maharashtra cities, the main language spoken here is Marathi. Kolhapur is situated on the banks of river Panchganga and is the location of the Temple of Mahalakshmi, a Hindu Goddess.
Places to visit of interest
The Hindu Goddess Mahalakshmi Temples, Mahalakshmi Temple, Jyotiba temple, Nrusinhawadi (Narsobawadi), Khidrapur (Kopeshwar (shiva) Temple), Tembalai alias Tryamboli, Katyani
Kolhapur Mozo Tours and Travels is an ancient city, famous for its food, headwear, footwear, jewellery, wrestling and religious connections[citation needed. According to legend it was settled by Kolhasur, a demon who was later killed by Mahalakshmi to relieve the local populace. However, honouring the demon's dying wish, the city was named after him. Kolhapur finds mentions in Devi Gita, the final and most important chapter of the Srimad Devi Bhagawatam, as one the important places of Shakti worship, "Devi spoke..."O King of Mountains! Still I am now telling something out of My affection to My Bhaktas. Hear. There is a great place of pilgrimage named Kolhapura in the southern country. Here the Devi Laksmi always dwells...." .
During 940-1212 CE, it was the capital of the Shilahara dynasty of Kolhapur. An inscription at Teradal mentions that king Gonka was healed from snakebite by a Jain monk and Gonk had built a temple of Lord Neminath. Many Jain temples in that region build in the next couple of century are called Gonka-Jinalya after him. During the reign of Bhoja I, a dynamic Acharya Maghanandi helped establish an institute at Rupanarayana-Basadi. Several of the kings and nobles of the dynasty were disciples of Maghanandi. Maghanandi is often called Siddhanta-chakravarti ie the great master of the scriptures, Gandaraditya I was his disciple. He is sometimes called "Kolapuriya" to distinguish him from many other Acharyas with the name Maghanandi.
Khidrapur The Kopeshwar (shiva) Temple - located in Kolhapur district, it is known for one of most outstanding and beautiful examples of Temple Architecture in India, It was built by Shilahara King Gandaraditya, Vijayaditya and Bhoj-II between 1109 and 1178 A.D
The places to visit the Historical places is Bhavani Mandap, Shree Chhatrapati Shahu Museum, Kolhapur, Shalini Palace ,Kolhapur, Chandrakant Mandare museum, New Palace, Kolhapur, Town Hall museum, Motibag Talim, Shivaji University , Siddhgiri Museum, The Wax Meuseum.
The dams can also be visited in kolhapur through Mozo Tours and Travels is Radhanagri (Capacity 3.5 TMC), Kaalammavadi (Capacity 28 TMC)
You can also visit the kolhapur through Mozo Tours and Travels which the makes the journey more comfortable and pleasant.
Take a visit to the Kolhapur to view the places which the tour more enjoyable.
You can make possible with Mozo Tours and Travels to visit Mysore is the second largest city in the state of Karnataka, India. It is the headquarters of the Mysore district and the Mysore division and lies in southwest of Bangalore, the capital of Karnataka. The name Mysore is an anglicised version of Mahishuru, which means the abode of Mahisha. Mahisha stands for Mahishasura, a demon from Hindu mythology. The city is spread and is situated at the base of the Chamundi Hills.Mysore is famous for the festivities that take place during the Dasara festival when the city receives a large number of tourists. Mysore also lends its name to the Mysore mallige, Mysore style of painting, the sweet dish Mysore Pak, Mysore Peta (traditional silk turban) and the garment called the Mysore silk saree. In an exercise carried out by the Urban Development Ministry under the national urban sanitation policy, Mysore was rated the second cleanest city in India in 2010 and the most cleanest in Karnataka.
You can visit Mysore through Mozo Tours and Travels and is a tourism hot spot within the state of Karnataka and also acts as a base for other tourist places in the vicinity of the city. The city receives the maximum number of tourists during the period of the Dasara festival when festivities take place for a period of 10 days. One of the most visited monuments in India, the Ambavilas Palace (also known as Mysore Palace) is the center of the Dasara festivities.Austin Railcar inside the Railway Museum, Mysore Fountains at Brindavan Gardens at night
The Jaganmohana Palace, the Jayalakshmi Vilas and the Lalitha Mahal are some of the other palaces in the city. Chamundeshwari Temple, atop the Chamundi Hills and St. Philomena's Church are popular religious places in Mysore. This can be possible by making a route with Mozo Tours and Travels .The Mysore Zoo, established in 1892, and the Karanji and Kukkarahalli lakes are also popular spots for tourists. Museums in Mysore include the Regional Museum of Natural History, the Folk Lore Museum, the Railway Museum and the Oriental Research Institute. The city is also a centre for yoga-related health tourism that attracts lot of foreign visitors as well. These places can be visited by Mozo Tours and Travels make the journey more comfortable.
A short distance from Mysore city is the Krishnarajasagar Dam and the adjoining Brindavan Gardens where a musical fountain show is held in the evening. Places of historic importance lying close to Mysore are Srirangapatna, Somanathapura and Talakad. The hills, B R Hills and Himavad Gopalaswamy Betta and the hill stations of Ooty and Madikeri are all near Mysore. Popular destinations for wildlife enthusiasts near Mysore include the National Parks at Bandipur and Nagarhole, the wildlife sanctuaries at Melkote and B R Hills and the bird sanctuaries at Ranganathittu and Kokrebellur. Other tourist spots near Mysore include the religious locations of Nanjanagud and Bylakuppe and the waterfalls at Shivanasamudra. This historic places can be viewed by Mozo Tours and Travels
Buses Mozo Tours and Travels run every 5 minutes from Bangalore. There is a choice of airconditioned and ordinary vehicles. During the weekends, these buses can fill up, but most do not allow you to purchase your tickets in advance. However, buses to Mysore board constantly so finding a bus with seats is never a problem. The Mozo Tours and Travels buses are very comfortable, especially the Volvo (Luxury) buses.
Frequent bus service Mozo Tours and Travels is available to all major tourist of the city. Volvo airconditioned buses are also available ten, Infosys, and to some major residential areas.
Mozo Tours and Travels provides the facility to travel from bangalore to mysore in which mysore place contains the following.
1) Mysore Palace- Intricately carved rosewood doors and ceilings some with inlaid ivory work, marble figurines, collections of caskets, paintings of the members of the royal family and other objects of personal use exhibit such opulence, though age as worn them out a bit with slight discolouration
2) Brindavan Gardens and Musical Fountain at the Krishna Raja Sagar Dam. Nice garden full of fountains, in the neighbourhood of Mysore. At 7PM the "musical fountain" light and music show begins.
3) Chamundi Hills, inquire for various service timings at temple. has a temple of Goddess Chamundeshwari (or Chamundi). The huge Nandi statue on the mountain is also well known. The Hills are 3300 Feet above sea level and are known for their wild life like leopards, but trekking is safe, and facilities to climb to the top are available. Atop the hill, Goddess Chamundi's idol is placed in a beautiful temple with marvelous architecture. It is a plastic free zone. Rs. 20 for regular queue (typically longer) . Rs 100 for shorter queue.
4) Jagmohan Palace and Art Gallery. A former palace that has been converted into a wonderful art gallery featuring famous works by various Indian artists.
5) Lalit Mahal Palace also a former palace but now a five star hotel, visitors should go around afternoon tea time as they serve a great British high tea.
6) St. Philomenas Church. A beautiful Cathedral, reminiscent of medieval architectural style,is one of the largest churches in the country. Built in the gothic style,the Church is an imposing structure with stained glass windows and lofty towers.
7) Mysore Zoo is one of the city’s most popular attractions. It was established under royal patronage in 1892, making it one of the oldest zoos in the world, and since then millions of people have enjoyed its wonderful animals and spectacular grounds. The zoo has a very successful breeding program and houses animals from more than 40 different countries and there are many native Indian animals as well, including Royal Bengal tigers, white tigers, elephants, giraffe, fallow deer, Himalayan black bear, Gaur (Indian bison), white peafowl and African rhino. The zoo is also home to many other exotic creatures from around the world like Branary sheep, giraffe, hippos and gorillas. The zoo also encompasses Karanji Lake, which attracts several species of migratory birds during the breeding season including painted storks, pelicans and darters. Other attractions include the botanical Garden with 35 species of exotic ornamental plants and 85 species of trees from India and abroad. Rs.30 for adults, Rs. 10 for children over 5.
8) Karanji Kere. is a small lake inside the city.You can go for a small trip of boating.The lake is sorrounded by green trees and you can also see various variety of birds like pelicans and painted storks on the island in Karanji kere. In local language Kere means Lake and thus a Lake by the name of Karanji is called as Karanji Kere.
Book online bus tickets to Mysore by Mozo Tours and Travels.